Friday, August 21, 2009

Exploration 9: (This Part Last!): What's Next and Looking Back

Well, I can't believe it took me so darn long to finish this project! I was one of the original 23 things beta testers waaaaay back when, but never finished. So here I am, over 2 years later and I'm finally done! During that 2-year hiatus, I started using many of the sites in the explorations on my own--Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, Delicious, etc. I really enjoy using all of them, in particular Twitter and Facebook. Those two sites have brought me back in touch with many old friends, helped me make new friends, and made me feel like I know what's going on at other branches much more than I did before. For a loner/homebody type like me, social networking sites allow me to be in touch without having to get on the phone, send emails, or go out anywhere (I am lazy!), and I learn a lot about people's lives that I never would have known before.

It's good that our library is recognizing the way Web 2.0 sites are changing the way people live, for better or for worse, and trying to incorporate some of the best sites into our daily work routines. It's great that we all did this assignment, and I think we'll be a better staff for it. I look forward to future updates, and I promise not to take 2 years to complete them!
TTFN!

No comments: