Friday, August 21, 2009

Exploration 8: Social Bookmarking Sites & Folksonomies

I have had a Delicious account for about a year. I have mostly been using it for saving research sites for our new house, and it's been great for that because I can access the bookmarks from home, my phone, or at work. I believe it is very useful for individuals in that way, but maybe less so for our library. Our branch has an account, but I don't think anyone uses it much. Most of the websites we use on a regular basis are in the Recommended Sites right on the library's site, and that's what most people tend to use. I did bookmark a bunch of children's lit bloggers on our branch account for reading during slow times on the desk (great for J reader's advisory), and some sites particular to our local area (sports registrations, etc.), and I hope others will add their favorite sites to the account so we can all share.

No comments: